When you know yourself better, you are more comfortable being who you truly are!
Go through these 50 brilliant and revealing questions!
On the way, discover how who you are now and who you want to be isn’t necessarily the same person…!
PART I: How To Know Yourself Better: 50 Brilliant & Revealing Questions
Do you want to hear more of my accent?! Discover all episodes here!! 🙂
PART II: No To Personality Tests! An Intriguing Paradigm…
Do you want to hear more of my accent?! Discover all episodes here!! 🙂
What You Will Learn...
Brilliant & revealing questions to help you know yourself better!
Get to know yourself better by going through these 50 questions.
Take your time to think of the answers!
1. What is important to me, what are my core values?
2. Imagine yourself the day you’ll die (as older and as healthier as possible!), looking back at your life, how do you want it to look like? At what souvenirs are you looking at?
3. How do you want to be remembered? Here, for example, I wish that people will remember me as someone who’s smiling, enthusiastic, interesting to talk to… 🙂
4. What are my strengths and talents?
5. What do I worry about? Maybe it only about my legacy once I am gone.
6. What am I passionate about? What do I like to do if I have free time? On holidays and weekends?
7. What am I grateful for?
8. What are my beliefs about life, and are they valuable?
9. Are you an extreme introvert or a vivacious soul?
10. What is it that you could say deeply describe your personality?
11. Could you explicitly define your ideal environment?
12. Can you take risks head-on?
13. Are you comfortable working under immense pressure? Knowing when you can perfectly perform is of the essence.
14. What are your striking strengths? You should know your strengths and use them to your advantage.
15. Do you have some nagging weaknesses that keep holding you back?
16. What are the unique traits that set you apart from the rest? It is essential to know your identity.
17. Imagine your doctor calls in the middle of the night. He informs you will be living your last two days. How would you react to that? And what would you do that you have never done?
18. You wake up one morning to the news that you have hit the jackpot. You are the proud winner of $100, 000, 000. How does that change your life? How do you spend the amount?
19. Do you think you are generally a happy soul? If not, what is holding back your happiness?
20. Do you ever tell lies? I mean, what is the biggest lie you have had to make to get away with something?
21. Undoubtedly, one day you will die. What is it you wish would be during your funeral?
22. What is your excellent day like?
23. What spheres of life would you say you have identified your passion?
24. Do you feel something is missing in your life? Is there something you can do about it?
25. Have you fully felt appreciated by friends and family? Have you been in love with someone before?
26. Do you believe everything happens in your life for a reason, or is t by fate?
27. What is the most regarded asset in your life?
28. Which one do you prefer; spending time by yourself or with someone by your side?
29. Do you have something in your life you secretly feel ashamed of?
30. What is the most significant limit to your dreams?
31. What is that one thing that you are so passionate about?
32. How can you use the above answer to change your society?
33. What do you believe is your greatest strength?
34. How do you handle your money? Are you a free spender or a miser?
35. Could you look back in your life and say some people held your hand and helped you walk the journey?
36. If you were to go back to 10 years ago, what is that one thing you would do differently?
37. What do you believe is the most achievable thing in life?
38. There are many times you fail. Noe, how do you react to such moments?
39. Are there times you rely on others to give you directions in life?
40. Do you have short-term goals in your life?
41. What is that one thing you can look at and be proud of as your most revered accomplishment?
42. What are those three things that would make you happy, regardless of your situation?
43. What do you think is holding you back from living the life of your dream?
44. Are there instances in your life where you felt unworthy and underestimated yourself/
45. Generally, are you happy with your life and the people around you?
46. What is your most enlightening moment?
47. Are there moments in your life you feel you just want to be alone?
48. If you were to change carriers, which is that that could make your life better?
49. Do you ever feel the urge to compare your life to others?
50. Have you ever believed in destiny?
What are some hard questions?
When it comes to self-discovery, it’s also important to ask yourself questions that are hard…
Take the time to find the answers to these questions, they are fascinating, right? 🙂
1. Do you ever feel like some days are repeated in your life?
2. Imagine there was no fear in the world, and nobody failed in anything they did. What would you do?
3. What is that one thing you would look back and say you are much grateful for?
4. Look at yourself and your life. Do you feel you are living the life you have always desired?
5. What was the feeling when you first fell in love?
6. What is your ideal definition of success?
No to personality tests!
Discover a little add-on here that could be interesting to you! 😉
“No” to personality tests?
What is funny is that of course, it’s important to know yourself better right now.
But at the same time, I truly believe that nothing is set in stone!
And that we can all do and be whatever we want!
Let me explain a bit more! 🙂
I like personality tests: They are fun to do and the results can be quite interesting!
But the problem that I see here is that people then may put themselves into boxes.
For example, someone who got as a result that he has the personality of a leader will see a lot of proof in his day-to-day life that he should act like a leader!
There’s nothing wrong with that, but I think that we should never put ourselves into closed boxes.
Personality tests are great to have fun at the moment and to see what tendencies we may have.
But down the line, we can do and be whatever we want!
What do you need help with?
(Choose between the 2 options)
Who do you need to become to achieve that goal?
What I think is more interesting is to question what do you want to achieve in your life (short-term and long-term goals) and then, who would you need to become to achieve that goal?
For example, let’s say that you didn’t have a too good experience with your last bosses… And that your dream would be to be able to manage a team!
Who would you need to become to be that amazing and very professional boss?
Maybe you would need to develop the abilities of…
- Coaching your team members!
- Listening to their needs and help them fulfill them!
- Be reliable: Saying what you’re doing and doing what you’re saying!
- Being super clear in your expectations!
You can become whoever you want to become!
As I said, I think that we have tendencies.
I’m more into doing and saying things with a touch of humor, always, or maybe I’m a person that is more on time than late!
But down the line, you and I can develop any skill or qualities that we need to in order to achieve the goals that we want to achieve in life!
For example, when I was building my business, I needed to become more organized, working smarter and not harder, all of these to make my business be successful.
It wasn’t me at the start! I was saying to myself “I’m not organized!” but I truly believe that you can be and do whatever you want with your life.
Yes to a few personality tests, yes to a future you!
So, I would definitely recommend taking some tests, they are super fun and I’m always for more fun in our lives!
But then, don’t let yourself be stuck in some descriptions of who you are.
Think of how do you want your life to look like in a year from now, in 5 years from now, 10 years from now, and practice being that future self, starting right now!
How would that future self behave at that moment? What would she think, feel and do?
Interesting change of paradigm right? 🙂
Successful people know who they are
One thing about most successful people is their self-awareness!
You can’t be a success story if you don’t know who you are.
Put it this way; everything you experience in this life depends on how deep you understand yourself.
How to know yourself better questions then become vital!
It is your self-awareness that will directly inform your daily activities. And to a greater extent, your self-awareness will dictate whether you realize your dreams or not!
But more importantly, it is how much you know yourself that will determine your love life and relationships, and how you react to every feeling of joy and tragedy.
But to fully know yourself is deceptively challenging…
So, through this post, I intend to make you know yourself better. Knowing who you are is the first and foremost path to greatness.
You see, many of us compromise our values and attributes more than often to please those around us.
But that is not what successful people do!
Successful people do not change their personalities to suit anyone’s ego. They are unapologetically themselves, regardless of the situation.
What does it mean to know yourself?
Lao Tzu, an ancient Chinese Philosopher and writer, is quoted as saying, “He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.”
There have been more calls from different quarters, urging us to understand ourselves deeply.
They couldn’t be more candid than that.
The ancient Greek even went ahead and inscribed the words “know yourself” on the Temple of Apollo. To them, this would act as a reminder to anyone who ever fell short of understanding themselves. It also served as a source of wisdom.
But how do I get to know myself better?
Maybe this is just some cliché used by over-ambitious people. Or perhaps it could be a catchy phrase with deep meaning and substance in it. It could help if we put side by side the different aspects of self-knowledge.
First, it would be prudent to appreciate how we think.
More importantly, we should identify what motivates our beliefs. Only then can you get to know yourself better.
Even as you grapple with questions to know yourself better, I want you to know this.
Most of the time, we tend to assume and believe that other people think the same way we do!
I mean, you sit down and figure out what you want to do with your life. You then realize you need to finish up some course, get a job, and settle down with your family. For you, this is the course everyone is taking.
You could be right.
However, you need to have this at the back of your mind.
It is usual for us to imagine that we all think the same way.
However, I have carried out specific training based on decision making. I have also done numerous personal development research. I have come to realize that there are massive differences in the way people think! 🙂
So here is the thing.
There is an excellent value in discovering the differences in our beliefs and appreciating similarities that exist. Only then can we see the perception of others.
You can know yourself better by just trying to understand the other person.
Why is knowing yourself important?
It is normal to spend time worrying about our relationships with friends and families. As human beings, we are conditioned to do so.
Nonetheless, you fail to realize that the only relationship that should matter, and which is extremely important, is the one you have with yourself! 🙂
Is it not true that the only person who is by your side during your life journey is you?
This might sound melancholic, but it is the indisputable truth.
It is only you from the time of your birth to the moment you are laid in your grave.
Now, that is how meaningful the relationship with yourself should be.
Let’s look at the three most fundamental reasons for self-knowledge:
Listen to this. You know your weaknesses and you understand your strengths.
Don’t you think it would be easier to accept yourself if you fully understand who you are? Knowing everything about yourself will make you love yourself more than you can even imagine! 🙂
If you are assertive about yourself and your opinions, no amount of persuasion will change your mind.
I mean, if you understand what works for you and what doesn’t, what others think of you might just be irrelevant. If you are independent of other people’s opinions and aware of your personality, then your confidence level grows.
You can’t claim to be yourself if you don’t know yourself! 🙂
Well, thought out decisions
Knowledge is a powerful tool that can transform a society!
Information itself is empowerment. If you are knowledgeable, there are higher chances that you become more confident and more insightful. It is more comfortable making a decision when you got all the information at the back of your hands?
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” – Thomas Sowell
What are the benefits of being yourself?
A short story about myself: growing up, I paid so much attention to what people thought about me!
I grew up an anxious and excited kid, always shy to take up a challenge. Why? First, because I feared criticism, and secondly, I didn’t want to take in any negativity from anyone! 🙂
And this affected me severely. I allowed people’s opinions to prevent me from realizing my full potential. Consequently, I missed many opportunities and certain essential aspects of childhood growth.
But how did I deal with the situation?
I tried a much as I could to fit in. I avoided anything that made me feel different from others. However, the more I cared about other people’s opinions about me, the more I felt alienated. It wasn’t easy!
The moment you get to know yourself, you will realize how it’s entirely wasteful to think about other people’s thinking.
And here are the reasons you need to keep your identity intact:
- Being yourself is a sign of confidence!
- You will find your passion if you know yourself!
- If you are living the best version of yourself, you will probably inspire several people!
- If you accept the person you are, you will easily accept other people too. Accepting other people the way they are is a step towards building a strong relationship!
- Pretending to be someone else you are not is not only tricky but also stressful. You can avoid all that by being yourself!
How do you discover the real you?
Knowing yourself is the most significant capital you could ever possess! 🙂
Why do I say this?
You see, life generally is a trial and error game.
You keep trying each day, some fail, some tick. But you don’t give up. You wake up each morning, more revitalized, ready to take on new challenges.
When you know yourself, you will know what to do.
Knowing yourself is a mark of confidence and independence.
Now, how do you discover the real you?
- Be silent, and initiate internal conversation.
- Get to know who you are, and not what you want to be!
- Identify what you are good at!
- Discover your passion, and nurture it in the best way only you can!
- Always try to get feedback from friends and family. Hearing from others might help you know yourself better.
How knowing yourself will help you boost your self-confidence!
Of course, if you’ve been following my podcast and everything that I share with you, you will know that I truly believe that getting to know yourself will help you undoubtedly in building your self-confidence! 🙂
Why is that?
For 3 main reasons.
The first one is by starting your self-discovery journey, it’s going to be a way to take care of yourself! And by doing this, you’re going to show that you care about yourself and that you are worth it! 🙂
This is already a great self-confidence boost.
Then, you’re going to discover what you’re good at, what are your strengths and talents. Those will be your resources, what you can use to reach what you always dreamt and hoped for! 🙂
And then the last reason is, knowing yourself better is helping you in being more comfortable with who you really are.
You know how comfortable it is to be at home? You know where is everything and it sounds secure and cozy!
So, it’s exactly the same when you know yourself! 🙂
You can better understand your thoughts, your emotions and your reactions.
You have more control and it just feels super relaxing and comforting!
As you can see, there are only benefits of getting to know yourself better! 🙂
To know yourself better, listen to The Get Confident, Get Happy Podcast
If you want to get to know yourself and to build a long life-lasting self-confidence, you have to listen to my podcast, the Get Confident, Get Happy Podcast.
Every Tuesday, I release one episode on a topic related to building your self-confidence.
It’s packed with straightforward and clear information on how to develop this skill, so you can have full control of your life! 🙂
Click here to choose one episode to start with! 🙂
To sum up!
The first step to creating self-awareness is by interviewing yourself! 🙂
It is the awareness that turns into reality. The questions to know yourself better should be the ultimate guide to redefining your personality!
What are you waiting for to get to know yourself better, to have control of your life so you can be as successful as you always dreamt to be? 🙂
You may also be interested in…
- 3 Ways To Become The Most Reliable Person That You Know
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself
- Incredible 30-Day Self-Care Challenge Ideas
- 10 Burning Questions About Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem