Wondering what things to ask on a first date, right?
I totally get you!
This is why I’m sharing with you my list of the best first date questions, so you can create a deep connection with that person, right during the first date!
Let’s dive right in!
First date questions – Be truly interested in the other one!
If there is one thing to remember from this post, remember this:
Everybody wants to be seen, heard, and understood.
You can make that other person feel valuable and important by giving them your full attention.
So, ask these questions and genuinely, listen to the answers.
Just by doing this, you’re going to create a deep connection!
1. How does a perfect day look like to you?
2. What do you like to do in your free time?
3. What movie/TV show do you like watching and why?
4. What is one thing you would love doing/trying in your life?
5. What is a great memory you have from your childhood?
6. What is one decision you made and you would make again today?
7. What is one thing you think you’re really good at?
8. What do you value most in your friendships and why?
9. Is there a period of time you would have loved to live in and why?
Questions first date – Identity questions, who, what, how old, where?
The 9 first date questions shared above are amazing to create an interesting conversation with somebody else.
Some people may think that questions first date that should be asked would be about the person such as:
- What’s their age
- Where they grew up
- What they studied
- What is their job
In my opinion, these conversation starters could start pleasing conversations, but I more feel like these are questions for a job interview than for creating a romantic relationship… Can you relate? 😉
What do you need help with?
(Choose between the 2 options)
Things to ask on a first date – Be the change you want to see!
As we saw before, there is nothing that absolutely HAS to be asked on the first date!
We don’t want these “job interview” dates anymore, right?
We want to share real stuff, to create a strong connection!
So, focus on getting to know that person and looking at everything you’re going to hear from a place of curiosity!
The moment you hear something that you’re having mixed feelings about, you can actually be interested and fascinated by that answer/point of view.
When I hear something “different” than my own thoughts and opinions, I like to tell myself things such as:
- This is an interesting point of view!
- I never thought of this!
- He must have good reasons to think this!
- What if this could be also true?
- This is really opening my mind.
Take the best and leave the rest from that first date! 🙂
What if you would do this from now on, you’ll have much more fun, right? 🙂
Conversation starters on a date – Topics to talk about!
So, when it comes to conversation starters with guys, here are a few general topic ideas you can think of to again, create a real and strong connection (which deep down, that’s all we want, right? LOVE!):
1. Hobbies/Things we like to do
2. Movies/TV shows we like to watch, books we liked…
3. Things we do in our free time (days off, vacation…)
4. Our childhoods or some memories of the past
5. Friends, Family, our relationships
6. Food and what we really like or don’t like to eat
7. Job, business ideas (as you can see, talking about all of this didn’t cross my mind until now!)
For a first date, these are great conversation starters!
Ask questions and be GENUINELY interested in the answers.
Remember, when’ll do this, you’re going to make them feel very valuable and important and as I said when I started this post, Everybody wants to be seen, heard, and understood.
Now, you know what to do! 🙂
Questions to ask on a date – Nothing is set in stone!
Now, you get the idea when it comes to first date questions.
And here, I want to emphasize something!
There shouldn’t be any general rules when it comes to dating.
I want you to consider going on a date without having:
- Expectations on how it will be!
- Expectations on what the other one will say!
- Expectations on how the other one behaves!
Imagine how the world would be if we would just go with the flow and see where things take us?
Of course, we need to create opportunities, to be present in the moment, but what if we would then just show up at that moment without believing every thought that we always have and that is stopping us from being in the moment, such as:
- I need to see if this date is leading us somewhere!
- I need to see if we are a good fit!
- I need to see what’s wrong with him…
Just imagine a second being on a date and not having all of these questions and expectations in your head.
You would have much more fun, right? 🙂
Try it for once and let me know how that goes! 🙂
In 6 months, you’re in a relationship!
Read and re-read these 9 first date questions.
I’m telling you, if you ask these questions first date, you ARE going to create a special connection with someone else! 🙂
No more interview questions, let’s dive right into what creates love, what you can build your romantic relationship on!
Date night questions – Day & night
I get asked if some questions are more of date night questions and some are more of date day questions!
I think that you can ask those 9 questions no matter what hour it is during the day, no matter the month, and no matter the year! 🙂
The essential part here is to start an interesting conversation and as you probably heard… Create connection! 😉
So, go out there and no matter what time it is, ask questions and listen genuinely to the answers! 🙂
To sum up!
Now, you know what to do! 🙂
Don’t wait more time to create a real connection, you will have a great time, and finally, what if these questions will be the start of a real and sincere romantic relationship?
What do you have to lose to try it out?! 🙂